El Gusano Gigante fed off a rare poisonous plant in Central America which enabled it to grow to incomprehensible worm proportions. When the local government attacked with a bio-weapon filled with toxins from its food source, it grew in size and strength.
However, despite El Gusano Gigante's power boost, it was soon defeated by Zilla Junior with a blast of his atomic ray, after which it shrunk to the size of a normal worm, and disappeared. It later appeared during the Tachyon alien invasion, in the Monster Wars story arc. The gigantic worm was unleashed by the aliens to attack the city of Moscow during the battle, where the monster used its burrowing abilities to harass the Russian armed forces. When the aliens lost control of the beasts, it was killed by their capital ships in order to regain control.
- El Gusano Gigante is an excellent burrower.
- El Gusano Gigante can emit fire or toxin blasts from its mouth.
- El Gusano Gigante can create large shockwaves by slamming its head into the ground in Godzilla: The Series - Monster Wars.
Video Game Appearances
- Godzilla: The Series - Monster Wars
In Other Languages
- English: The Giant Worm
- El Gusano Gigante is the one and only kaiju in the entire Godzilla franchise whose name is in Spanish.