In the real world
- During Operation Sea Orbit, the United States deploys 3 nuclear-powered surface ships around the world to showcase their long-range capabilities.
- Mothra vs. Godzilla is released on April 29 in Japan.
- Dogora is released on August 11 in Japan.
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster is released on December 20 in Japan.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- After a large typhoon hits Japan, both the egg of Mothra and Godzilla himself are washed ashore. This forces the adult Mothra to venture to Japan to protect her egg. The giant insect engages in battle with Godzilla, but is killed. Fortunately, her egg hatches and her two larval offspring attack their mother's murderer. The larvae encase Godzilla in a blanket of silk and watch as the creature falls into the water, defeated. (Mothra vs. Godzilla) A few months after the battle, one of the Mothra larvae dies. Several months after that, another Rodan is discovered in Mt. Aso. The giant pterosaur locates and battles Godzilla, who has recovered from his previous battle. At the same time, the space monster King Ghidorah arrives on Earth and the remaining Mothra larva attempts to conscript both Godzilla and Rodan to help her fend the creature off. They eventually accept and all three monsters work as a team and drive King Ghidorah from Earth. (Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster)
- Godzilla is lured to Antarctica, where, after a battle with the military, the multi-purpose air-ship Gotengo succeeds in creating an avalanche and opening a fissure in the ice that imprisons the Monster King for good, saving humanity. (Godzilla: Final Wars)
- The space monster Dogora appears and is defeated. (Dogora)