In the real world
- The recently founded Tsuburaya Productions releases its flagship creation, the television series Ultra Q, which becomes an immediate sensation. A few months later, Ultraman is also released, and becomes the studio's star production.
- War of the Gargantuas is released on July 31 in Japan.
- Daimajin, Return of Daimajin and Wrath of Daimajin are all released in Japan, but on separate dates.
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep is released on December 17 in Japan.
- Gamera vs. Barugon is released on April 17 in Japan.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- Two giant, humanoid monsters dubbed Sanda and Gaira emerge. Believed to have been created from the cells of Frankenstein's Monster, the two Gargantuas fight in Tokyo, but are eventually killed in a volcanic eruption. (War of the Gargantuas)
- Godzilla is discovered sleeping on Letchi Island, a small island in the south pacific that is the base of operations for the terrorist group Red Bamboo. Godzilla is awakened and fights the Red Bamboo's two monster guards: Ebirah, a giant lobster, and a Giant Condor. Godzilla then escapes from the island seconds before it is engulfed in a nuclear explosion. (Ebirah, Horror of the Deep)
- Godzilla emerges at Tokai and attacks the Tokai Nuclear Power Plant. (Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.