In the real world
- Godzilla vs. Megalon is released on March 17 in Japan.
- Submersion of Japan (Tidal Wave) is released on December 29 in Japan.
- Fireman runs from January 7 to July 31 in Japan.
- Jumborg Ace runs from January 17 to December 29 in Japan.
- Zone Fighter runs from April 2 to September 24 in Japan.
- The first episode of Ultraman Taro airs on April 6 in Japan.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- Monster Island is destroyed by an underground nuclear test. Angered by such tests, an underwater civilization called Seatopia sends forth their monster god Megalon to destroy the surface world. Gigan arrives on Earth to assist. Fortunately, Godzilla and a humanoid robot named Jet Jaguar arrive and team up to fight the two monsters, eventually driving Megalon back underground and forcing Gigan back into space. (Godzilla vs. Megalon)
- Godman's various battles with multiple kaiju, Including several from the Godzilla series, come to a conclusion. (Go! Godman)
- Just as soon as Godman's battles conclude, some of the monsters he fought and some new ones return to attack Japan once again, in an attempt by the Devil King, Maoh, to free himself from the underworld. Now, a new hero is called upon, Greenman. (Go! Greenman)
- The Garogas attack Planet Peaceland, and kill all its occupants except a single family, who escape to Earth. (Zone Fighter)
- Monarch and Landsat conduct an expedition to Skull Island.(Kong: Skull Island)
- Kong defeats and kills the Skullcrawler who killed his parents.
- Hank Marlow has a tearful reunion with his wife in Chicago, while he also meets his son for the first time.
- Mason Weaver and James Conrad are detained and recruited into Monarch and are shown the cave paintings of several ancient monsters who were considered kings alongside Kong such as Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.