|“||The inundator acknowledges.||„|
Amhuluk, also dubbed Titanus Amhuluk, is a giant daikaiju created by Legendary Pictures that appears in Legendary's 2019 film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, as a name briefly seen on a monitor. He made his first full appearance in Godzilla Dominion.
Amhuluk is a creature in the mythology of the Kalapuya people of Oregon, commonly associated with drowning, disease, and fog. It is described to be covered in fur with several spots, a pair of horns in its head, furless legs, and a body resembling that of a traditional western dragon.
Titanus Amhuluk is a massive demonic-looking Titan, being black in coloration with ten yellow eyes that lack pupils. Four tendril-like appendages extend from his face and flow backward. His jaws are filled with needle-like teeth and a tongue armed with a bony spike. Amhuluk's only true organic body parts are his head, spine, and some nervous system. The rest of his body is a telekinetically-assembled mass of vegetation.
The form that he takes on in Godzilla Dominion includes forelimbs made out of loose vines capable of stretching to tremendous lengths, and ending in massive four-digited claws. Blue veins can been seen pulsating all throughout his body, which is held up by four, tree trunk-like legs. Several tree-like structures grow outwards from his back.
The roars of Amhuluk are written as "yeeaaahkggh".
Amhuluk is an aggressive Titan that is willing to kill others in order to claim territory and resources. However, he fears and respects Godzilla and chooses to retreat when the alpha Titan asserts his dominance.
Amhuluk displays cunning intelligence in battle. Relying on the powerful telekinetic reach of his "body", he can beat down opponents from a distance without having to get in close. Recognizing Behemoth as a land-based creature, Amhuluk attempts to drown him in the Amazon River.
At some point, Amhuluk had Monarch Outpost 66 built around him in the Manpupuner Rock Formations, Russia. When Ghidorah calls all the Titans, Amhuluk breaks free and begins to hunt with his new pack. When the ORCA calls all Titans to Boston, Amhuluk does not arrive in time for the battle and does not see Godzilla become the new alpha of all Titans (except Kong).
Amhuluk is first seen fighting Behemoth in the Amazon rainforest, managing to break one of his opponent's tusks during the battle. Behemoth fights back, slamming his remaining tusk into Amhuluk's face, knocking out teeth in the process. Amhuluk knocks Behemoth into the Amazon River and prepares to drown him, but the arrival of Godzilla stops the Titan. Amhuluk lunges after Godzilla, but is quickly overpowered and forced to submit, resolving his territorial dispute with Behemoth. Afterwards, Amhuluk and the other Titans are sent into dormancy by Godzilla.
Amhuluk can survive both on land and in water.
Amhuluk is able to generate bodies for himself, so long as his head is intact and there is enough plant matter to create a new one, although he cannot use industrial debris.Amhuluk can create any form that he desires or that is beneficial to himself from the environment based on the availability of vegetation surrounding him, including forms capable of flight.
Amhuluk can manipulate plant life and stretch his arms several times their original length through powerful telekinesis.
Immunity to body attacks
Attacks on Amhuluk's body have no actual effect on him, as only the head is his actual form.
Strength and combat
Amhuluk is powerful enough to shatter one of Behemoth's tusks with a single strike from his claws. Amhuluk can stretch the vegetation comprising his forelimbs, allowing a greater attack range.
Amhuluk's brain possesses powerful telekinetic abilities. Amhuluk is merely a head and parts of a spine; the rest of his "body" is actually a telekinetically-assembled mass of "old vegetation, logs, branches, and moss", all melded together by his own mind. Furthermore, Amhuluk can telekinetically stretch and throw parts of himself at opponents with great speed and force, as shown when one of his arms split one of Behemoth's tusks in two.
Using the tendrils sprouting from his head, Amhuluk can send a powerful psychic blast into an opponents brain. At least two tendrils must be attached to the victim for the attack to work. Depending on the size and strength of the victim, the blast will either stun or outright kill them. Amhuluk will only use this ability as a last resort, as it drains his energy reserves immensely.
Amhuluk needs time to assemble new bodies due to his size, and must be near plant life to do so.
Enough damage to Amhuluk's head will cause him to lose control over his form and possibly break it apart, leaving him vulnerable. His head is his primary weak spot.
Having a plant-based prosthetic body, Amhuluk is susceptible to fire.
- The outpost Amhuluk was contained in, Monarch Outpost 66, is a possible reference to the 1966 Toho film Ebirah, Horror of the Deep.
- Amhuluk's vine-like muscles are similar to Godzilla Earth.
- In Godzilla Dominion, an early design of Amhuluk can be found in the Titan graveyard in the form of a deceased eel-like Titan.
- Illustrator Drew Edward Johnson took inspiration from several varieties of fish with large gaping jaws while designing Amhuluk's head, giving it its prehistoric, monstrous appearance.
- A group of Amhuluks is called a Canopy.
List of appearances
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters (His name appears on a monitor screen)
- Godzilla Dominion (First appearance)
- Johnson, Drew Edward (November 19, 2021). I just meant trees, broken wood, whatever plant debris he could gather together. He couldn’t use say, concrete or other industrial debris. (Tweet). Twitter.
- Yeah, I’d say he’s as flammable as whatever material he’s built his body of. I don’t think he’d feel any punishment the body takes. He’s just the head and a bit of nervous system. The rest is assembled and controlled by him. (Tweet). Twitter (November 19, 2021).
- lindenolindenhill. Linden theories time part 2/3 for #legendary #godzilladominion !. Instagram.
- Johnson, Drew Edward (November 19, 2021). Yeah, I figure you’d have to take out the head. At the very least a strike to the nervous system to inhibit his telekinetic power to draw a body together. I can’t guess how fast he could assemble a body, but figure that he’s a huge Titan, and that’s a lot of scrap to pull togethr (Tweet). Twitter.