Giant Mutant Cuttlefish
Gezora, a giant mutated cuttlefish, was taken over by an alien from outer space known as Yog. Controlled by Yog, he was used to attack Sergio Island. Gezora damaged many buildings and killed several people, but the natives and some Japanese citizens lured him to a field covered in gasoline from an old munitions dump. The gasoline was lit, setting Gezora ablaze. With massive burns and sores covering its body, The giant cuttlefish ran back to the sea, where it presumably died. Yog escaped, and travelled back to the island to continue his attack.
- In Space Amoeba, Gezora could emit a cooling gas, most likely to protect it from the warm and dry atmosphere. This ability becomes useless whenever Gezora is exposed to extremes of temperature, such as when he wandered into the flames.
- Gezora uses his tentacles to great effect, being able to strike objects from a distance and knock them over.
- Monster's Fair
- Godzilla: Monster of Monsters
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters (Gameboy)
- Godzilla: Trading Battle
- Godzilla Generations
- Godzilla: Kaiju Collection
Gezora appears in IDW's Godzilla: Rulers of Earth. Gezora first appears in issue #3, where it and Manda attack the U.S.S. Goldstein while under the control of the Devonian aliens. Gezora reappears in issue #9 where it along with Manda and Titanosaurus attack a naval fleet assembled near where Godzilla fought Biollante. In the following issues, Gezora is one of the monsters protecting the Devonian capital. Gezora, Manda, Destoroyah, and Titanosaurus battle Godzilla near the Devonian capital in issue #12, and all except Destoroyah escape with their lives when their alien masters' base is destroyed. It is likely that Gezora, along with the other freed monsters, went off to their oceanic homes. Four years later, a Trilopod was seen with Gezora's characteristics, indicating that the Trilopods had at some point encountered Gezora and absorbed its DNA. Despite this, Gezora was never seen inside the Trilopod hive nor did it take part in the final battle between the Earth monsters and the Trilopods.
In Other Languages
- Russian: Гезора
- Yiddish: געזאָראַ
- Main article: Gezora/Gallery.
- Despite never appearing in a Godzilla film (not counting its stock footage appearance in Godzilla: Final Wars), Gezora has been featured in numerous other Godzilla media, including video games such as Godzilla: Monster of Monsters and Godzilla: Trading Battle and the comic series Godzilla: Rulers of Earth.