The name "giant lizard" makes it sound like a kaiju, but the animal is in fact at a realistic size, growing to an exhibited size of one meter. It keeps its "Giant" name when put in comparison to one of the character's heads, as that character swings the lizard above his cranium.
The lizard has a basic appearance, being black skinned, with a leaner body.
The lizard's audio consists of a few, high pitched clicks and whistles.
Once on Farou Island, the expedition team find the Giant Lizard while in search of King Kong. The Giant Lizard antagonizes the main characters while one of them comically spins the lizard above his head. Scared and surprised at the same time, they immediately kill the Giant Lizard with a shotgun. It is after this distraction that they hear King Kong roaring nearby, forcing them to return to the village.
- The Giant Lizard, the Giant Octopus, the Vampire Plant, Skeleturtle, the Giant Condor, the Giant Sea Serpent, Snowman, and the Maneater all debuted in the Showa era and have not made an appearance in any other era.
- The Giant Lizard, along with the Maneater, are the only Godzilla kaiju who didn't obtain a toy based on them.
- The squeals and squeaks of the Giant Lizard would later be used for Ultraman monster, Pigmon in its first appearance.
- The giant lizard made a reappearance in the remake MonsterVerse film, Godzilla vs. Kong.
List of appearances
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (First appearance)