Godzilla: King of the Monsters - The Official Movie Novelization is a novel based on the 2019 Legendary Pictures film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The book was written by Greg Keyes and was published by Titan Books. The novelization was released on May 28, 2019.
Godzilla: King of the Monsters follows the heroic efforts of the cryptozoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and its ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species--thought to be mere myths--rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity's very existence hanging in the balance.
- Dr. Mark Russell
- Dr. Emma Russell
- Madison Russell
- Dr. Rick Stanton
- Dr. Ishirō Serizawa
- Alan Jonah
- Dr. Sam Coleman
- Chief Warrant Officer Jackson Barnes
- Admiral William Stenz
- Dr. Ilene Chen
- Dr. Ling Chen
- Senator Williams
- Staff Sergeant Anthony Martinez
- Dr. Tim Mancini
- First Lieutenant Lauren Griffin
- Colonel Diane Foster
- Dr. Houston Brooks
- Ren Serizawa (mentioned)
- MUTO 3
- Na Kika
- Margygr (corpse)
- MUTO 1 (corpse)
- MUTO 2 (corpse)
- MUTO Prime (corpse)
- Leviathan (mentioned)
- Typhon (mentioned)
- Shinomura (mentioned)
Differences from the film
Very few changes were made in the novel, barring a select few scenes and greater use of some of the lesser-used Titans. Namely:
- Mokele-Mbembe was featured much more heavily, having several chapters set at his containment site in Sudan.
- A new Titan, Margygr, was seen at Castle Bravo.
- The Titans Na Kika and Behemoth were shown escaping their containment centers, and the escapes of Scylla and Methuselah were shown more in-depth; some Monarch agents rebel and release captive Titans after watching Emma Russell's message.
- Madison Russell is shown to have a more spiritual connection with Mothra.
- Additional scenes showing Alan Jonah as a more malevolent character with him threatening Madison and ordering one of his men to cut her throat if Emma goes near the ORCA without his permission.
- Andrew Russell's death and the impact it had on the Russell family are elaborated on.
- Jonah has a father-son relationship with Asher, and details of Jonah's past are revealed, including how he and Asher met and Jonah's daughter Lindy.
- On Skull Island, Kong hears Ghidorah's call but ignores it until it causes the Skullcrawlers to stir.
- Characters mention the events of Godzilla: Awakening and Godzilla: Aftershock.
- When she steals the ORCA, Madison subdues one of Jonah's men with a stun gun.
- It's revealed that Vivienne Graham has nieces and nephews, and Ishiro Serizawa has a son named Ren Serizawa. The son would later go on to have a significant role in the sequel Godzilla vs. Kong as well as its novelization.
This is a list of references for Godzilla: King of the Monsters - The Official Movie Novelization. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
|Godzilla: King of the Monsters|