|Godzilla: Monster Apocalypse|
October 25, 2017
The novel was announced via the film's official site, which announced its release date, while also giving fans a preview of its cover art, which is simply a red shifted variant of one of the film's movie posters.
Monster Apocalypse was followed by Godzilla: Project Mechagodzilla, which was announced on March 29, 2018, with a release date of April 25, 2018.
- Main article: Monsters (AniGoji continuity).
- Giant Octopus
- Shobijin-like being (later known as the Houtua)
- Moguera series
- Gotengo series
- Super X series
- Markalite FAHP
- Type-38 Mobile Combat Suit Jaguar J (Japan type)
- Space Titanium
- Gematorian Operation
- Mana Corns
- The storyline, monsters featured, and consequences of each monster's actions of this novelization are strongly based on, and reference past Toho films. For example, some of the included monsters' appearances and their locations are compatible with those in Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla: Final Wars. As is the concept of Godzilla's supremacy over other monsters in the timeline, which was also seen in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S..
- Biology of monsters, and their inherent targeting of humanity purposely, while being attracted to urban and populated areas are similar to that of the kaiju in the Pacific Rim series.
- This novelization and film continuity shares similarities to the Kaiju Apocalypse series by Eric S. Brown and Jason Cordova in 2014, regarding global attacks by monsters and humanity's revenge against the creatures with the help of alien immigrants.
|Movie guides • List of comics and manga|