Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan
|Date of birth||
May 27, 1947
Satsuma is good friends with Haruo Nakajima, his predecessor in the role of Godzilla and his former mentor in the profession of suit-acting.
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Hedorah)
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (Gigan)
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (Gigan)
- Zone Fighter (Gigan)
- The Return of Godzilla (Godzilla)
- Pulgasari (Pulgasari)
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (Godzilla)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (Godzilla)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (Godzilla)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (Godzilla)
- Yamato Takeru (Yamata no Orochi)
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (Godzilla)
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (Godzilla)
- While playing Hedorah, Satsuma was struck with appendicitis during the production. The Doctors were forced to perform the appendectomy while he was still wearing the Hedorah suit, due to the length of time it took to take off. During the operation, Satsuma learned that painkillers have no effect on him.
- Satsuma reported that whilst playing Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, the smoke given off by the suit was concentrated Carbon Monoxide. This would lead to him passing out multiple times during production.
- Satsuma's surname is given to the Satsuma, a J.S.D.F.-operated Submarine which appears in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.