Michael Dougherty is an American film director, producer, and screenwriter, known for his work with Dan Harris on the scripts for Bryan Singer's 2003 and 2006 films, X2 and Superman Returns, respectively.
He is also known for writing and directing the 2007 cult horror anthology film, Trick 'r Treat. He directed, co-wrote, and produced the 2015 Christmas horror-comedy film, Krampus. He directed and co-wrote the 2019 MonsterVerse film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. He also contributed to the script for the 2021 sequel, Godzilla vs. Kong.
- Trick 'r Treat (2007)
- Trick 'r Treat: Making Friends (2010)
- Krampus (2015)
- X2 (2003)
- Urban Legends: Bloody Mary (2005)
- Superman Returns (2006)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
- In an interview, Dougherty revealed his distaste towards Tristar's Godzilla, commenting "Godzilla in 1998 was like a mere oversized dinosaur, lacking mythical or spiritual factors necessary for monster movies" and "I love the movie Godzilla: Final Wars because Godzilla crushed that fake Zilla".
- As revealed in one interview, Dougherty has a soft spot towards Rodan, claiming he is more powerful than Godzilla.
- In another interview, in August 2017, Mike went so far as to say King of the Monsters is to Godzilla what Aliens was to Alien.
- In an interview with Total Film Magazine, Dougherty revealed that he wanted to put the "God" back in "Godzilla"; he went on to explain that, growing up, he and Zach Shields didn't see Godzilla and the other Titans as men in rubber suits, or as the results of science experiments gone wrong, rather, they saw them as similar to beings like dragons, giants, the Old Ones or any other mythological beasts and creatures so wondrous and magnificent that they defy comprehension.
- As revealed in one interview with Dougherty, he stated that with King of the Monsters, his intent was to combine the grounded texture of Godzilla with the vibrant colors of Kong: Skull Island.
- Cinema Today 2019 ハリウッド版ゴジラ続編モスラ・ラドン・キングギドラ以外にも怪獣登場！
|Godzilla: King of the Monsters|