N.I.G.E.L. (Next-millennium Intelligence Gathering Electronic Liaison) is an analysis robot created by Mendel Craven, which appears in Godzilla: The Series. N.I.G.E.L. was reprogrammed by Randy Hernandez to have a more cheerful personality. He is destroyed in almost every episode (and subsequently rebuilt, it is to be assumed). N.I.G.E.L. is apparently capable of speech, such as in the episode, Where is Thy Sting?, where N.I.G.E.L. says, "And i'm outta here!" when Ts-eh-go stabs and throws him. N.I.G.E.L. also contains small capsule-sized robots that can film from the eye-camera.
- Regular Abilities:
- Modular configuration
- Built-in speaker
- Play certain tones of voice with its speech modulator program installed in its operating system (Windows 98); can also can play sound files
- Sample analyzer with incorporated instruments
- Various thermal, olfactory, etc. sensors
- Bluetooth and infrared receiving system for external devices.
- Special Abilities: Artificial reasoning and learning program installed.
- RAM memory: 16 Mb DIMM (capacity and format estimated)
- Main memory: 8 Gb cylinder type (estimated)
- Software Activated Headlights
- A common source of tension between Mendel and Randy is Randy's fondness for messing with N.I.G.E.L's speech programming, causing him to speak in hip-hop, surfer dude, Shakespeare, or like Mendel's mother.
- N.I.G.E.L. is destroyed in nearly every single episode, in a running gag similar to the many deaths of Kenny from the cartoon South Park.
- In the episode "Future Shock", N.I.G.E.L. has been rebuilt into a larger and more weaponized version by Future Mendel; additionally, he reprogrammed N.I.G.E.L to imitate Randy's voice and mannerisms.
- He is voiced by Tom Kenny, the voice actor notable for portraying the character Spongebob.
- A character similar to N.I.G.E.L. appears in Godzilla: Singular Point. Unfortunately, this same character would be destroyed by a flock of Rodans in Episode 3.