Like the Millennium series, it follows an anthology format, beginning with the standalone 2016 film, Shin Godzilla, and branching off into the canonically unrelated Godzilla anime trilogy, which began releasing in 2017, and ended in 2018.
In October, 2020, it was announced that Netflix had ordered another Godzilla anime series, titled Godzilla Singular Point, slated for release in 2021. The series was unrelated to the AniGoji trilogy.
Toho also has plans for a tentatively dubbed "World of Godzilla", set to begin production following 2021, which will be a cinematic universe combining the Godzilla character with many other Toho properties. It's unknown if these films will fall under the Reiwa era moniker, or if Singular Point will be related to it.
- Shin Godzilla (July 29, 2016)
- Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters (November 17, 2017)
- Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle (May 18, 2018)
- Godzilla: The Planet Eater (November 9, 2018)
- Godzilla Singular Point (April 4, 2021)
- Giant Octopus
- Hdoji and Hedochi
- Moshu Moshu
- Jet Jaguar
- Dorats / King Ghidorah
- Young Caesar
- Shin Oji
- Jet Jaguar
- Unidentified insect creature
- Shin Godzilla's release marks the first time since the the 1954 film that Godzilla's truly been the lone kaiju featured within the film's plot at the start of their respective series. 1984's The Return of Godzilla featured the Shockirus, 1999's Godzilla 2000: Millennium featured Orga, and the recent 2014 film had Godzilla fighting the MUTO.
- So far, this is the shortest of all four Japanese Godzilla series, with only four films to its name.
- This is the only series of Godzilla films where Godzilla never faced a completely original opponent not introduced in prior films.
- Otterson, Joe (October 6, 2020). Godzilla Anime Series Set at Netflix Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2020
2. Official Website:- https://godzilla-sp.jp/
|Eras and series of the Godzilla franchise|