FANDOM


  • The year 2000 was the "Return of Godzilla". After a five year hiatus since the Toho film "Godzilla vs. Destroyah", Toho Studios felt they can do a better film than Tristar's "Godzilla 1998" and released "Godzilla 2000" in 1999. The response was mixed in Japan and America, despite Sony's support for a U.S. theatrical release of the film. Toho bounced back with "Godzilla vs. Megaguirus" the following year. While the film was well perceived, attendence failed at the box office and did not receive a U.S. theatrical release. But, what was more surpising is instead of Toho quiting on Godzilla, they decided to take the King of the Monsters in a new direction.

    Godzilla was once again "reinvented" with a new look and a story line separate from the "Millennium" films. Gamera director Shusuke Kaneko is given his opportunity to direct his first Godzilla film. The result was a box office success of the most controversial Godzilla film ever made.

    Fans have rated "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack" from the best of the series to the worst.

    And now, the time has come for us Wikians to give our thoughts on "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack".

    So... what did you all think of "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack"? Do you all think that the movie's awesome, good, average, bad or horrible?

      Loading editor
    • I'd say Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack is a good Godzilla film in my opinion. The music is well done, the actors did a great job portraying the characters the way they were supposed to and the story is well written.

      The Godzilla suit looks great, I really like the GMK Godzilla design and Baragon looks great as well, it's been a long time since we've seen Baragon in the Showa series, and the fight between him and Godzilla is, pretty much, the only monster battle I liked.

      The only problem I have with this movie in my opinion is Mothra and King Ghidorah. I mean, I like their designs, but I honestly hate their characters in this movie because they're both protectors of Japan, this is not how you portray those two monsters, as Mothra is supposed to be more than just a protector of Japan, she is the Guardian of Earth, and King Ghidorah is not supposed to be a protector of anything at all, King Ghidorah is supposed to be a space monster who destroys planets as mentioned in Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. The only reason why Mothra and King Ghidorah teamed up is because they were originally meant for Anguirus and Varan. You see, the original idea for Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack was originally Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, but Toho changed Varan and Anguirus to Mothra and King Ghidorah because they thought it would sell more tickets because Godzilla vs. Megaguirus was a huge disappointment at the box office which is really unfortunate because it's one of the better Millennium films in my opinion. If you ask me, if I were Toho's executives, I would have told them to tell Kaneko to keep Varan and replace only Anguirus with Manda so that the film would make more sense that way. I know it's in a different continuity than the Showa series, but look at the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy, even if the films have no connection with the Showa and Heisei Godzilla films, and that they are all different monsters of the Mothra and Ghidorah species, the animosity between them was still there, and with this film, there's no animosity between Mothra and King Ghidorah which is very dissapointing in my opinion because they're two of my Top 5 Favorite Godzilla Monsters, so this film is definitely a "slap-in-the-face" for me for doing that.

      If I ever have to rate this film, I would give it 4/5 stars. Aside from Mothra and King Ghidorah's characters in the movie, everything else about this Godzilla film is really well done.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm.......... It's a... pretty good film. I just HATED that Godzilla was a pure evil demonic hell-spawn, and that the other monsters (especially King Ghidorah) were no match for him. I felt VERY sorry for poor Baragon, his death was TOO harsh! I mean, Mothra gets burned (it's bad, but they do it again for the next two movies she appears so it got boring), King Ghidorah gets killed (EVEN AS A GOD-SPIRIT THING with Mothra's GODESS energy), but poor Baragon gets repeatedly stepped on in his head, and then just brutally burned up! How mean-spirited!

      But, to the movie's defense, it's entertaining and Godzilla's death is very cool, and the music is some of the best in the franchise! I didn't really mind them making Ghidorah good, at least it's better than Varan and Anguirus, if it was like that, the movie would have flopped.

      That's it!

        Loading editor
    • 493Titanollante wrote:
      Hmm.......... It's a... pretty good film. I just HATED that Godzilla was a pure evil demonic hell-spawn, and that the other monsters (especially King Ghidorah) were no match for him. I felt VERY sorry for poor Baragon, his death was TOO harsh! I mean, Mothra gets burned (it's bad, but they do it again for the next two movies she appears so it got boring), King Ghidorah gets killed (EVEN AS A GOD-SPIRIT THING with Mothra's GODESS energy), but poor Baragon gets repeatedly stepped on in his head, and then just brutally burned up! How mean-spirited!

      But, to the movie's defense, it's entertaining and Godzilla's death is very cool, and the music is some of the best in the franchise! I didn't really mind them making Ghidorah good, at least it's better than Varan and Anguirus, if it was like that, the movie would have flopped.

      That's it!

      Um actually in Final wars she survived i could see her emerge from the flames WITHOUT my glasses.

      I really liked it at the start but after that I hated it (I'm a Mothra fanboy go figure) This is the darkest godzilla film yet admittedly I like gojira's design but hated him in every other ways (A little too evil to like) And Mothra was a WASP! Although I did like King Ghidora as a more Gaurdian figure.

      2/10

        Loading editor
    • GodzillaIsland7.2
      GodzillaIsland7.2 removed this reply because:
      Double Post
      22:46, May 29, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • GodzillaIsland7.2
      GodzillaIsland7.2 removed this reply because:
      Not a thought
      21:25, May 30, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Haven't seen it yet, but the idea of King Ghidorah being a good guy is interesting. To the people who are going to say that he was a bad guy in the first two series, he was under mind control throughout most of the Showa series and was always under mind control in the Heisei series. He was freed in Invasion of Astro-Monster, but he likely fought back out of fear. After all, if I just woke up on a planet that I consider strange with little things running around with a giant lizard and his pterosaur buddy, I'd be pretty freaked out. After taking a beating, he then flies away from Earth, rather than to another location on Earth to destroy it. Now, what if King Ghidorah's GMK appearence is what his true intentions would be had he been free?

        Loading editor
    • RedBenjamin wrote:
      Haven't seen it yet, but the idea of King Ghidorah being a good guy is interesting. To the people who are going to say that he was a bad guy in the first two series, he was under mind control throughout most of the Showa series and was always under mind control in the Heisei series. He was freed in Invasion of Astro-Monster, but he likely fought back out of fear. After all, if I just woke up on a planet that I consider strange with little things running around with a giant lizard and his pterosaur buddy, I'd be pretty freaked out. After taking a beating, he then flies away from Earth, rather than to another location on Earth to destroy it. Now, what if King Ghidorah's GMK appearence is what his true intentions would be had he been free?

      Those are some very good points.

        Loading editor
    • imo? 3rd Best in the series, not the Millennium series, but the ENTIRE series in general. The movie's quality is untouchable by any other movie besides the original and Godzilla 1984/The Return of Godzilla. Any problems I have are, in my opinion, just simple nitpicks, like the whole Ghidorah role and the look of Mothra or anything like that. Kaneko makes it work, despite what anyone thinks, imo. Godzilla being pure evil was absolutely FANTASTIC, I love literally every second of his badasserry. While, yes, I did feel bad for Baragon, I forgot all about him by the second half of the movie, because, to Godzilla, he was just an insignificant piece of lowlife trash who got in his way, and NOBODY gets in Godzilla's way in this movie and lives to tell the tale, save for Admiral Tachibana, who is probably my favorite human character in the entire series, if not for Serizawa, who I think is just a little bit better.

        Loading editor
    • Titanollante wrote:
      RedBenjamin wrote:
      Haven't seen it yet, but the idea of King Ghidorah being a good guy is interesting. To the people who are going to say that he was a bad guy in the first two series, he was under mind control throughout most of the Showa series and was always under mind control in the Heisei series. He was freed in Invasion of Astro-Monster, but he likely fought back out of fear. After all, if I just woke up on a planet that I consider strange with little things running around with a giant lizard and his pterosaur buddy, I'd be pretty freaked out. After taking a beating, he then flies away from Earth, rather than to another location on Earth to destroy it. Now, what if King Ghidorah's GMK appearence is what his true intentions would be had he been free?
      Those are some very good points.

      To extend this a little, the Dorats were so friendly before mutation, but they were mind controlled, at least as King Ghidorah. Perhaps if King Ghidorah were freed in the Heisei series, he'd be a lot friendlier to mankind. This is kinda like how Titanosaurus was peaceful pre-mind control.

        Loading editor
    • The movie is good.

        Loading editor
    • I think that thise movie is good and uniqe it dose yhings that would never work in any other g film but works in this one. For intance godzilla being evil thats not how his charcer should normaly be potrayed and i see why some fans would be mad but it works in this movie. 

      I feel like its simalar to the joker in nolans dark knight trilogy the joker has many aspects to his carcter hes daranged and evil but he also has a sense of humor but nolan did something diferent. He took the dereanged and evil part and down played his funny bone. They did the same thing in gmk they godzilla has many aspects to his personalty he is desctractive but  he isalso tragic victime of events so the folks at the gmk crew toook his desctruve part and down played his tragic part witch normaly wouldnt work but is done so expertly it dose just like heath ledgers joker as for ghidorha as a good guy they had to do it since big g was the evil also ghidorha had to be good also when ever ghidorha apears he is allways mindcontrolled so for all we knew he could be good

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was a great film that sucessfully tried to revert Godzilla to his true meaning; a metaphor for destruction. The movie also showed people getting INJURED! Most Goji movies show people running, but this one actually shows them getting hurt!

      And to be honest, I really didn't care about the role change with King Ghidorah and Big G. Most people use that as an excuse to hate this film, and it gets really annoying sometimes.

      If you want to watch a really good kaiju movie, then watch this one. 3 and 1/2 out of 5.

        Loading editor
    • I liked it. Godzilla is not supposed to be a demonic badguy killing just to kill though; he's an animal following natural instincts, and even said "I only hate humans because they hate me."

      King Ghidora being good wasn't really my peice of cake. I mean, he is always mind controlled but I just like him to be bad. He's just that kind of monster to me, like Destoroyah. 

        Loading editor
    • Stephan222 wrote:
      I liked it. Godzilla is not supposed to be a demonic badguy killing just to kill though; he's an animal following natural instincts, and even said "I only hate humans because they hate me."

      King Ghidora being good wasn't really my peice of cake. I mean, he is always mind controlled but I just like him to be bad. He's just that kind of monster to me, like Destoroyah. 

      Godzilla only said he hates humans because they hate him in the Showa series, so that doesn't necessarily apply here.

        Loading editor
    • I wasnt the biggest fan of Goji's personality or Mothra's design but Godzilla's design was amazing along with Ghidorah's so was Ghidorah's alignment! 

        Loading editor
    • I thought that it was an amazing Kaiju movie but a bad godzilla movie. In the Millenium series, Godzilla was usually a threat. But turning him into a soul sucking demon was, stupid to say the least. He is supposed to be a simple of destruction but not pure evil. Baragon was the bad guy in Fank conquers world I am guessing so making him a spirit protecting earth, specially since he is pretty blunt and plumply to be a spirit, was a weird choice. Mothra has the same role but then, my biggest complaint, King Ghidorah, just Ghidorah this time. Not worthy of king I guess and boy is that true here. King Ghidorah is weakened to the point of being as weak as the weakest monsters in the franchise. As some may remember, I made a page called Ghidorah and I did that because they never called him king Ghidorah so I assumed he was an entirely different monster all together. Ghidorah is smaller than godzilla and is, sigh, a hero. I'm going to go on a rant here. I RATHER HAVE DESTROYA, THE TOHO DEVIL, GIGAN, AND THE VERY CLICHE AILIENS TO BE HEROES THAN WHAT SHOULD BE THE MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE SERIES! Aside from the characters roles getting screwed up, it has amazing special effects and monster battles that easily compare to Gamera three, Iris. It also showed people getting hurt which was nice to see those stereotypes get trashed. But people, why do you need to say "an excuse to hate it". It makes it sound like people who dislike it want to hate just to hate it.

        Loading editor
    • As much as I enjoyed the film when I watched it, I felt that portraying Godzilla and Ghidorah in switched roles was unnecessary and not really needed. I especially found it creepy that Godzilla had pure white eyes with no pupils in them, they made him look too undead. I know they did this to make him seem more evil and merciless, but the white eyes in my opinion weren't needed. Also, the idea of Godzilla being possessed by the souls of those who died in the second World War sounds very unoriginal for a Godzilla film.

      In my imagination, I see this movie in a different concept. In it, Ghidorah would be the main antagonist like always, while Godzilla would be the protagonist, with Mothra and Baragon as his allies. And as for Godzilla's role, I would see him as just a monster who only causes destruction based on natural instinct, not as some evil demonic beast. I'd scrap the whole white eyes concept and give him pupils and irises, because the white eyes made him look like a living nightmare.

        Loading editor
    • This was one of my favorite Godzilla movies. It had one of the best story lines of Godzilla movies and it had cool re-designs of Mothra, Baragon, King Ghidorah, and Godzilla.

        Loading editor
    • MarvelFan2012 wrote:
      As much as I enjoyed the film when I watched it, I felt that portraying Godzilla and Ghidorah in switched roles was unnecessary and not really needed. I especially found it creepy that Godzilla had pure white eyes with no pupils in them, they made him look too undead. I know they did this to make him seem more evil and merciless, but the white eyes in my opinion weren't needed. Also, the idea of Godzilla being possessed by the souls of those who died in the second World War sounds very unoriginal for a Godzilla film.

      In my imagination, I see this movie in a different concept. In it, Ghidorah would be the main antagonist like always, while Godzilla would be the protagonist, with Mothra and Baragon as his allies. And as for Godzilla's role, I would see him as just a monster who only causes destruction based on natural instinct, not as some evil demonic beast. I'd scrap the whole white eyes concept and give him pupils and irises, because the white eyes made him look like a living nightmare.

      I would have much preferred in with Anguirus and Varan. Anguirus is good (most of the time) and its OK for Godzilla to be bad, but he is not supposed to be totally evil.

        Loading editor
    • Stephan222 wrote:

      MarvelFan2012 wrote:
      As much as I enjoyed the film when I watched it, I felt that portraying Godzilla and Ghidorah in switched roles was unnecessary and not really needed. I especially found it creepy that Godzilla had pure white eyes with no pupils in them, they made him look too undead. I know they did this to make him seem more evil and merciless, but the white eyes in my opinion weren't needed. Also, the idea of Godzilla being possessed by the souls of those who died in the second World War sounds very unoriginal for a Godzilla film.

      In my imagination, I see this movie in a different concept. In it, Ghidorah would be the main antagonist like always, while Godzilla would be the protagonist, with Mothra and Baragon as his allies. And as for Godzilla's role, I would see him as just a monster who only causes destruction based on natural instinct, not as some evil demonic beast. I'd scrap the whole white eyes concept and give him pupils and irises, because the white eyes made him look like a living nightmare.

      I would have much preferred in with Anguirus and Varan. Anguirus is good (most of the time) and its OK for Godzilla to be bad, but he is not supposed to be totally evil.

      Whenever Godzilla is antagonistic, he should not be evil, just chaotic.

        Loading editor
    • I don't really mind Godzilla being a villain in some of his movies, I just don't think he should be pure evil like he was in this one.

      Everytime I look at him and see those white eyes, I keep thinking *Godzilla shouldn't have those white eyes*. The white eyes make him look like some kind of monstrous zombie. I would have been fine if he did have pupils and irises.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I always have mixed feelings about this movie. I know this is one of the most loved Godzilla films and for good reasons. But first I want to say what I don't like about this film. While I'm glad it made Godzilla this over powered monster, but I AWALYS hate the fact he was portrayed as a pure evil monster. I feel like it was making Godzilla into something he wasn't. When I picture Godzilla, I see a monster that's merely misunderstood and he relies on his instincts. He is still a danger to mankind, but he is the last hope against the real/ bigger threat. Much like he was in most of the 90's films, 2000 and FW. Making Godzilla a villain after Mothra vs. Godzilla 1964 just never works for me. G 85 is an exception because he is solo, but even in that movie we can tell he wasn't evil, just tragic. This film takes all that away. It tries to make Godzilla into this demon and it tries to make you root for the other monsters instead of Godzilla, which I hate. I felt this attempt "failed" because almost everybody still ended up rooting for Godzilla instead of the guardian monsters. It's like Stone Cold's failed heel turn in WWF back in 2001, fans don't want to boo their hero. It also felt awkward to see King Ghidorah as a good guy. It's like making a Batman film with Joker as the hero and Batman as the villain. The team of KG, Mothra and Baragon felt like an out of place team up to me. The last time we saw KG and Mothra, they were fighting each other in Mothra 3 (I know it's a different cannon), now they are on the same side? I know it was originally meant to be Anguirus and Varan, which makes MUCH more sense especially with Baragon. If anything, I would have kept Anguirus in KG's place. Or I wouldn't do the guardian monsters in general, just have them be other monsters that have also risen along with Godzilla and they all fight to see who is the true King of the Monsters. Instead of having them all team up on Godzilla. If their is any monster that should be teamed up on, it's KG like in DAM.

      But now for the good, I love the design of all the monsters. Godzilla looks great and big. Though I'm not a fan of Godzilla's white eyes. Mothra especially looks better than her 92 look, which I'm glad because I hated both her look in 92 and the 92 film in general (GvMBFE I HATE THAT FILM). Baragon's design is like an update of the showa look which is great. The fights in the film are some of the best. My favorite fight was between Godzilla and Baragon, despite the mismatch; it turns out to be fun. It also has some of the best shots of Godzilla ever! Like when he is in the mountains before his fight with Baragon. I also liked the human characters. They're not super memorable, but we still care for them. The military scenes are also awesome. The music is also great.

      To sum up, GMK is a film I like but don't love. I can understand why people like it because Godzilla kicks ass in this film, but the story was something I wasn't a fan of. But I feel this film, 2000 and Final Wars were the better films of the Millennium era.

        Loading editor
    • The film is great. The reason some fans don't like it is because Ghidorah is a good guy, but it doesn't matter if he's good as long as he's Godzilla's enemy.

        Loading editor
    • The movie itself is fine, i liked the music, fight and the actors did a good job as well.

      It was pretty hard to get used to the idea of having a good Ghidorah, it just doesn't fit.

      Also, what happened to Godzilla's eyes? He looks as blacked out all the time...

        Loading editor
    • His eyes are like that because he's possessed; i.e. he's GODZILLA FROM HELL!!!

        Loading editor
    • honestly this movie wasnt half bad it had a awesome sadistic evil bloodthirsty godzilla suit which was cool poor baragon died why baragon . anyways i like king ghidorahs design and mothras not making her a fluffy fly for once . the music WAS AMAZING and so i have no prop with this film 5/5

        Loading editor
    • 7/10

        Loading editor
    • Terrible movie.

        Loading editor
    • Care to explain why?

        Loading editor
    • pretty good. 8.6/10

        Loading editor
    • Care to explain why?

        Loading editor
    • I like to think about this movie like a what if? movie, with the question that: What if Godzilla was pure evil? I mean, Godzilla have been a hero a lot of times, but what if he was the bad guy. Wouldnt you guy like to se what if Batman was bad, what if the noble Spider-man was bad to the bone?  that would be intresting dont you think?

        Loading editor
    • Regionfuego wrote:
      I like to think about this movie like a what if? movie, with the question that: What if Godzilla was pure evil? I mean, Godzilla have been a hero a lot of times, but what if he was the bad guy. Wouldnt you guy like to se what if Batman was bad, what if the noble Spider-man was bad to the bone?  that would be intresting dont you think?


      Clearly, you haven't heard of the following films that also depict Godzilla as a villain:

      1. Godzilla (1954 film)
      2. Godzilla Raids Again
      3. King Kong vs. Godzilla
      4. Mothra vs. Godzilla
      5. The Return of Godzilla
      6. Godzilla vs. Mothra

      I'm just doing the earlier films than this one, so I'm not counting the later films.

        Loading editor
    • Godzilla may be the antagonist in several other films, but that doesn't make him evil. In those movies he is only a force of nature protecting his territory. In GMK, Godzilla is legitimately pure evil. So far, that is the only film where Godzilla is actually evil, while in some of the other films he is simply the "bad guy", though his intentions are not truly malicious.

        Loading editor
    • Regionfuego wrote:
      What if Godzilla was pure evil?

      Godzilla might've been a villain before and after, but he's never been as despicably evil as he is in GMK!

        Loading editor
    • Easily my favorite Godzilla movie. Most complaints are directed towards the sad deaths the guardians get and Godzilla being a hellspawn (heck, you saw both of these in this thread) and that's actually why I like the movie so much.

      The bad guy wins. It's something we don't see a lot, and it's about time we did.

      Heck yeah!

        Loading editor
    • In my opinion it is the best Godzilla film made by Toho. Everything about is great: The effects, the fantastic soundtrack, the story, the characters that you actually care about, the monster battles, how awesomly evil Godzilla was. My only problem (not really a big one, but still) is Mothra and King Ghidorah. It's not that I hated them in this film (I actually dig both their designs and how they acted in the movie), but I really think Anguirus and Varan would've worked much better (especially after seeing their unused designs).

        Loading editor
    • I'm totally with you ProvenBeat.


      ...Do I know you?

        Loading editor
    • Gojira tai Mosura wrote: Easily my favorite Godzilla movie. Most complaints are directed towards the sad deaths the guardians get and Godzilla being a hellspawn (heck, you saw both of these in this thread) and that's actually why I like the movie so much.

      The bad guy wins. It's something we don't see a lot, and it's about time we did.

      Heck yeah!

      Yeah, the bad guy wins... except he kinda didn't.

        Loading editor
    • Zakor1138 wrote:

      Gojira tai Mosura wrote: Easily my favorite Godzilla movie. Most complaints are directed towards the sad deaths the guardians get and Godzilla being a hellspawn (heck, you saw both of these in this thread) and that's actually why I like the movie so much.

      The bad guy wins. It's something we don't see a lot, and it's about time we did.

      Heck yeah!

      Yeah, the bad guy wins... except he kinda didn't.

      Yeah, that was a brutal death.

      Well, he won against the kaiju and pretty much destroyed the entire city, so it counts.

        Loading editor
    • He won against a kaiju and destroyed the city.... because that's never happened in a Godzilla movie before! /sarcasm

        Loading editor
    • Just because it wasn't anticipated it doesn't mean it's good... I find this movie far too mean spirited also. Like Godzilla was a freaking sadist.

        Loading editor
    • If this version of Godzilla is the first Godzilla's bones possessed by human spirits, imagine, after many years of rebuilding the body from the only beating heart, this Godzilla once again attacks Japan but has to fight the good earth defender Godzilla.

        Loading editor
    • This is my all time favorite movie! Instead of writing a SUPER long paragraph as always, I will make a little list!

      1.) I LOVE characters that have an alter ego (DeathNote) or have another character representing them as an evil version of them selves (Legend Of Zelda any one?). So I quite like how they switched King Ghidorah's role. and as the user ShodaiGoro said, Ghidorah may have been a guardian if he WASN'T mind controlled. And Godzilla being a villain? I really dig it!

      2.) The music is AMAZING. Like, really amazing. I find it some of the best music in the franchise!

      3.) Unlike everyone else, I really dig Mothra's new look. She look's even more deadly and has a pretty neat attack if I do say so my self. I like how she emerged from the water and how she was portrayed as protecting ONLY Japan in this movie. At least it is not to far off from her normal role (seeing how she is almost always in Japan).

      4.) Baragon... (prepare for me to act like a little girl) ...Is so damn cute!!! His suit is awesome, I don't like how he doesn't have the fire breath but I can get around it.

      5.) To name as many as possible before I get on to the few things I don't like: The acting was great, The characters are some of the best (Both human and kaiju), all suits look amazing, has huge twists for long time fans, and has great special effects for something of it's time.

      Now to name my least favorite things, cuz no movie is without it's flaws!

      1.) Ghidorah was to small. I don't like it! 

      2.) Ghidorah in Ice? Come on guys! How many times have you heard of the cliche of dragons being in Ice?

      3.) Another nit pick, Why nu fia brath Baragon?

        Loading editor
    • My 2nd favorite Godzilla movie.

      Pros:

      1.Godzilla design,SokogekiGoji,AMAZING!

      2.King Ghidorah's only Millenium appearance and it is a good one!

      3.TOO MANY


      Cons:

      NONE!

      Pmag-gmk
        Loading editor
    • GMKCombatMortal wrote:
      My 2nd favorite Godzilla movie.

      Pros:

      1.Godzilla design,SokogekiGoji,AMAZING!

      2.King Ghidorah's only Millenium appearance and it is a good one!

      3.TOO MANY


      Cons:

      NONE!

      Pmag-gmk

      Other then Baragon having no Fire Breath XD

        Loading editor
    • I personally think that GMK is the best Millenium Godzilla film (also one of my favourites) The movie starts off a little boring, but as soon as the action and effects come into play, it's great! I also like how the plot and origin of Godzilla is different. The acting is well, not bad, but not good either.

      This movie makes A LOT of top 10, and it deserves it!

        Loading editor
    • Agreed! 

        Loading editor
    • SuperNerd295 wrote:
      GMKCombatMortal wrote:
      My 2nd favorite Godzilla movie.

      Pros:

      1.Godzilla design,SokogekiGoji,AMAZING!

      2.King Ghidorah's only Millenium appearance and it is a good one!

      3.TOO MANY


      Cons:

      NONE!

      Pmag-gmk
      Other then Baragon having no Fire Breath XD

      And, you know, the CG effects that look extremely dated only a decade later, the really awkwardly-handled fantasy element, the poorly-shot climax, the dialogue that, while not Star Wars prequels- level bad, was extremely clunky, and the downright terrible interpretations of three of the best monsters Toho has ever created in Mothra, Ghidorah, and Baragon.

      Also the title is hilariously long and awkward to say.

        Loading editor
    • I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.

        Loading editor
    • LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.

      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.

        Loading editor
    • MarkJira wrote:
      LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.
      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.

      I don't think there was that much bad stuff. And that's coming from the guy who watches it every week. There is pretty big flaws, but it is still an absolutely beautiful movie. I think one of the few good cuts in the climax is Ghidorah rising up and stuff but eh. And you can't blame CGI. this is 2001 Japan we are talking about. and just in 1999 did they make a good for japan CGI but terrible for American G-200 scene with a CG shot of the G man. I mean, have you seen the Gamera 2016 (hopefully) trailer? This is November 2015 CGI we are talking about and it still looks like American 1983 CGI. Some Americans are just spoiled fans of Bayformers and pick any CGI that is worse. Not saying you sound like one, but keep on mind 2014 was made in America in HOLLYWOOD. Thats why it has great CGI. and how can you pick on some thing that looks terrible a decade later? Have you SEEN first hand what video games looked like 10-15 years ago?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, of course! (And yes I've seen video games 10-15 years ago, most of them are good others are, well,...)

        Loading editor
    • SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.
      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.
      I don't think there was that much bad stuff. And that's coming from the guy who watches it every week. There is pretty big flaws, but it is still an absolutely beautiful movie. I think one of the few good cuts in the climax is Ghidorah rising up and stuff but eh. And you can't blame CGI. this is 2001 Japan we are talking about. and just in 1999 did they make a good for japan CGI but terrible for American G-200 scene with a CG shot of the G man. I mean, have you seen the Gamera 2016 (hopefully) trailer? This is November 2015 CGI we are talking about and it still looks like American 1983 CGI. Some Americans are just spoiled fans of Bayformers and pick any CGI that is worse. Not saying you sound like one, but keep on mind 2014 was made in America in HOLLYWOOD. Thats why it has great CGI. and how can you pick on some thing that looks terrible a decade later? Have you SEEN first hand what video games looked like 10-15 years ago?

      Jurassic Park was able to make completely photorealistic CGI TWENTY-THREE years ago.

        Loading editor
    • MarkJira wrote:
      SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.
      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.
      I don't think there was that much bad stuff. And that's coming from the guy who watches it every week. There is pretty big flaws, but it is still an absolutely beautiful movie. I think one of the few good cuts in the climax is Ghidorah rising up and stuff but eh. And you can't blame CGI. this is 2001 Japan we are talking about. and just in 1999 did they make a good for japan CGI but terrible for American G-200 scene with a CG shot of the G man. I mean, have you seen the Gamera 2016 (hopefully) trailer? This is November 2015 CGI we are talking about and it still looks like American 1983 CGI. Some Americans are just spoiled fans of Bayformers and pick any CGI that is worse. Not saying you sound like one, but keep on mind 2014 was made in America in HOLLYWOOD. Thats why it has great CGI. and how can you pick on some thing that looks terrible a decade later? Have you SEEN first hand what video games looked like 10-15 years ago?
      Jurassic Park was able to make completely photorealistic CGI TWENTY-THREE years ago.

      Well, most of the Dinosaur scenes were actually made using puppets, robots, and humans. Let me list the scenes. 

      The opening scene with the velociraptor: Yes, they had a puppet inside that cage.

      The velociraptor cage: I mean, what else was rattling the leaves? 

      Baby velociraptor: they had strings attached to the infant a it was inside the egg, to break out with.

      Sick triceratops: That was a puppet. with a heart beating machine inside. 

      T-rex breaking out and with the cars: Yes, the famous scene with Rexy was done with the largest robot ever built. 

      Brontosaur in the tree: I mean, did that thing look like CG to you?

      The power room: Those raptors were real. But not.

      And the climax battle with the Trex and raptors: although the dinos were CG, the skeleton was not. Hence, this scene was made without it.

      Scenes with CG

      First scene with the Brontosaurs.

      Gallimimus

      Trex chase

        Loading editor
    • SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.
      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.
      I don't think there was that much bad stuff. And that's coming from the guy who watches it every week. There is pretty big flaws, but it is still an absolutely beautiful movie. I think one of the few good cuts in the climax is Ghidorah rising up and stuff but eh. And you can't blame CGI. this is 2001 Japan we are talking about. and just in 1999 did they make a good for japan CGI but terrible for American G-200 scene with a CG shot of the G man. I mean, have you seen the Gamera 2016 (hopefully) trailer? This is November 2015 CGI we are talking about and it still looks like American 1983 CGI. Some Americans are just spoiled fans of Bayformers and pick any CGI that is worse. Not saying you sound like one, but keep on mind 2014 was made in America in HOLLYWOOD. Thats why it has great CGI. and how can you pick on some thing that looks terrible a decade later? Have you SEEN first hand what video games looked like 10-15 years ago?
      Jurassic Park was able to make completely photorealistic CGI TWENTY-THREE years ago.
      Well, most of the Dinosaur scenes were actually made using puppets, robots, and humans. Let me list the scenes. 

      The opening scene with the velociraptor: Yes, they had a puppet inside that cage.

      The velociraptor cage: I mean, what else was rattling the leaves? 

      Baby velociraptor: they had strings attached to the infant a it was inside the egg, to break out with.

      Sick triceratops: That was a puppet. with a heart beating machine inside. 

      T-rex breaking out and with the cars: Yes, the famous scene with Rexy was done with the largest robot ever built. 

      Brontosaur in the tree: I mean, did that thing look like CG to you?

      The power room: Those raptors were real. But not.

      And the climax battle with the Trex and raptors: although the dinos were CG, the skeleton was not. Hence, this scene was made without it.

      Scenes with CG

      First scene with the Brontosaurs.

      Gallimimus

      Trex chase

      Believe me, dude. I know Jurassic Park inside and out. 

        Loading editor
    • MarkJira wrote:
      SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.
      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.
      I don't think there was that much bad stuff. And that's coming from the guy who watches it every week. There is pretty big flaws, but it is still an absolutely beautiful movie. I think one of the few good cuts in the climax is Ghidorah rising up and stuff but eh. And you can't blame CGI. this is 2001 Japan we are talking about. and just in 1999 did they make a good for japan CGI but terrible for American G-200 scene with a CG shot of the G man. I mean, have you seen the Gamera 2016 (hopefully) trailer? This is November 2015 CGI we are talking about and it still looks like American 1983 CGI. Some Americans are just spoiled fans of Bayformers and pick any CGI that is worse. Not saying you sound like one, but keep on mind 2014 was made in America in HOLLYWOOD. Thats why it has great CGI. and how can you pick on some thing that looks terrible a decade later? Have you SEEN first hand what video games looked like 10-15 years ago?
      Jurassic Park was able to make completely photorealistic CGI TWENTY-THREE years ago.
      Well, most of the Dinosaur scenes were actually made using puppets, robots, and humans. Let me list the scenes. 

      The opening scene with the velociraptor: Yes, they had a puppet inside that cage.

      The velociraptor cage: I mean, what else was rattling the leaves? 

      Baby velociraptor: they had strings attached to the infant a it was inside the egg, to break out with.

      Sick triceratops: That was a puppet. with a heart beating machine inside. 

      T-rex breaking out and with the cars: Yes, the famous scene with Rexy was done with the largest robot ever built. 

      Brontosaur in the tree: I mean, did that thing look like CG to you?

      The power room: Those raptors were real. But not.

      And the climax battle with the Trex and raptors: although the dinos were CG, the skeleton was not. Hence, this scene was made without it.

      Scenes with CG

      First scene with the Brontosaurs.

      Gallimimus

      Trex chase

      Believe me, dude. I know Jurassic Park inside and out. 

      I do too. But the scenes I listed used no CGI. However, the series has ground breaking CGI for it's time. And still looks good today. Poor JW however... lets not get into that (Stupid Hollywood Bayformers God Damn Disney CGI!) 

        Loading editor
    • SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      SuperNerd295 wrote:
      MarkJira wrote:
      LukeZilla wrote:
      I agree, there are SOME flaws after watching it again.
      Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good elements. Specifically, the dark tone and brutal action, as well as the suit designs. But in my mind there's just too much bad stuff to call it a good movie.
      I don't think there was that much bad stuff. And that's coming from the guy who watches it every week. There is pretty big flaws, but it is still an absolutely beautiful movie. I think one of the few good cuts in the climax is Ghidorah rising up and stuff but eh. And you can't blame CGI. this is 2001 Japan we are talking about. and just in 1999 did they make a good for japan CGI but terrible for American G-200 scene with a CG shot of the G man. I mean, have you seen the Gamera 2016 (hopefully) trailer? This is November 2015 CGI we are talking about and it still looks like American 1983 CGI. Some Americans are just spoiled fans of Bayformers and pick any CGI that is worse. Not saying you sound like one, but keep on mind 2014 was made in America in HOLLYWOOD. Thats why it has great CGI. and how can you pick on some thing that looks terrible a decade later? Have you SEEN first hand what video games looked like 10-15 years ago?
      Jurassic Park was able to make completely photorealistic CGI TWENTY-THREE years ago.
      Well, most of the Dinosaur scenes were actually made using puppets, robots, and humans. Let me list the scenes. 

      The opening scene with the velociraptor: Yes, they had a puppet inside that cage.

      The velociraptor cage: I mean, what else was rattling the leaves? 

      Baby velociraptor: they had strings attached to the infant a it was inside the egg, to break out with.

      Sick triceratops: That was a puppet. with a heart beating machine inside. 

      T-rex breaking out and with the cars: Yes, the famous scene with Rexy was done with the largest robot ever built. 

      Brontosaur in the tree: I mean, did that thing look like CG to you?

      The power room: Those raptors were real. But not.

      And the climax battle with the Trex and raptors: although the dinos were CG, the skeleton was not. Hence, this scene was made without it.

      Scenes with CG

      First scene with the Brontosaurs.

      Gallimimus

      Trex chase

      Believe me, dude. I know Jurassic Park inside and out. 
      I do too. But the scenes I listed used no CGI. However, the series has ground breaking CGI for it's time. And still looks good today. Poor JW however... lets not get into that (Stupid Hollywood Bayformers God Damn Disney CGI!) 

      I absolutely love JW. Anyway, they WANTED to do practical stuff in that movie, but the studio would only let them do the one animatronic Apatosaur

        Loading editor
    • yeah and that sucked >:( I like the film, but a lack of CGI would have been for the better. I mean, it would have inspired other films to do it. But because it was good using CGI, films are going to keep being like that. I HOPE TO GODZILLA the 2016: Resurgence won't use an overload of CGI. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't find it great, actually, at first, i hated it. But it still has great stuff in it.

        Loading editor
    • However, do be aware that every Godzilla films has flaws.

      Pros:

      -Cool designs

      -Good Plot

      -Good human characters

      Cons:

      -Completely switched roles

      -MUCH too brutal, especially for such a showa fan like me.

      -King Ghidorah was smaller than Godzilla. It is so bitingly obvious that it was supposed to be Varan. So bitingly obvious.

        Loading editor
    • Haven't seen it yet, but i think it's good.

        Loading editor
    • It's actually one of my favorite Godzilla films.

      I love the atmosphere and music, Kow Otani did an amazing job! The plot and characters are amazing as well. I really like the idea of having earth gaurdians fight against an evil demon Goji. You can really feel thew human's desperation and hope as they fight alongside the earth's gaurdians to kill an unstoppable force of evil. The monster designs were great and I escecially liked the Goji vs Baragon fight. If I had to pick my top five Goji movies, this would be one of them.

      ~~ Aggregate Destroyah

        Loading editor
    • MarvelFan2012 wrote: I don't really mind Godzilla being a villain in some of his movies, I just don't think he should be pure evil like he was in this one.

      Everytime I look at him and see those white eyes, I keep thinking *Godzilla shouldn't have those white eyes*. The white eyes make him look like some kind of monstrous zombie. I would have been fine if he did have pupils and irises.

      The white eyes were good in my opinion. Why is it that shin godzilla is liked for the evil, disturbing godzilla but this movie is hated for it?

        Loading editor
    • For gods sake, it's not that brutal!2014 showed femuto's spine floping around!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.